Car fire causes tailbacks in Hitchin
A BLAZE in a car brought rush hour traffic in Hitchin to a standstill this morning (Thursday March 7).
Emergency services were called to the scene on the A505 at Moormead Hill, close to the junction with Half Acre at 8.30am, where a blue Vauxhall Astra was in flames.
Police closed the road while Firefighters from Hitchin extinguished the flames in an operation lasting about half an hour.
Highways officers were brought in to help deal with spilled oil on the road and the car was recovered, before the road was reopened shortly before 9.20am.
There were no casualties reported in the incident.
- Tottenham Hotspur want Manchester City star, Manchester United eye up Arsenal defender, PSG after Chelsea's Oscar
- Goalscorer Mousinho knows home run will make or break Stevenage's season after Tranmere triumph
- STEVENAGE V TRANMERE ROVERS: MATCH REPORT - Brilliant Boro make it four unbeaten with a third win to climb out of bottom three
- Home Bargains seeks to open second Stevenage store at former Comet site
- Chelsea looking at striking trio, Torres target for Inter Milan, Lamela confusion at Spurs
- Debenhams to open department store at Roaring Meg Retail Park, Stevenage