Nadine Dorries' Bedfordshire constituency goes in boundary reshuffle
MID-BEDS MP Nadine Dorries’ Mid Bedfordshire consitutency has been wiped from the political map in the Boundary Commission’s revised proposals released today (Tuesday).
Her constituency has been split between the newly-created pair of Mid Bedfordshire & Harpenden and North Bedfordshire.
Mid Bedfordshire & Harpenden encompasses most of Peter Lilley’s existing Hitchin & Harpenden constituency – but including Arlesey, Shefford, Stotfold, Langford and Henlow – while North Bedfordshire encorporates much of Alistair Burt’s current North East Bedfordshire patch, including Sandy and Biggleswade.
It is proposed that the votes of Hitchin residents will be split between Mid Beds & Harpenden (Hitchwood, Offa and Hoo) and North Hertfordshire (Walsworth, Bearton, Highbury, Priory and Oughton wards).
North Hertfordshire would include much of Oliver Heald’s North East Hertfordshire constituency, which includes Baldock and Letchworth.
- Sherwood's future at Spurs in doubt, Aaron Ramsey set for Arsenal return plus Chelsea, West Ham latest
- Tottenham Hotspur want Manchester City star, Manchester United eye up Arsenal defender, PSG after Chelsea's Oscar
- Goalscorer Mousinho knows home run will make or break Stevenage's season after Tranmere triumph
- STEVENAGE V TRANMERE ROVERS: MATCH REPORT - Brilliant Boro make it four unbeaten with a third win to climb out of bottom three
- Home Bargains seeks to open second Stevenage store at former Comet site
- Chelsea looking at striking trio, Torres target for Inter Milan, Lamela confusion at Spurs