Nadine Dorries' Bedfordshire constituency goes in boundary reshuffle
MID-BEDS MP Nadine Dorries’ Mid Bedfordshire consitutency has been wiped from the political map in the Boundary Commission’s revised proposals released today (Tuesday).
Her constituency has been split between the newly-created pair of Mid Bedfordshire & Harpenden and North Bedfordshire.
Mid Bedfordshire & Harpenden encompasses most of Peter Lilley’s existing Hitchin & Harpenden constituency – but including Arlesey, Shefford, Stotfold, Langford and Henlow – while North Bedfordshire encorporates much of Alistair Burt’s current North East Bedfordshire patch, including Sandy and Biggleswade.
It is proposed that the votes of Hitchin residents will be split between Mid Beds & Harpenden (Hitchwood, Offa and Hoo) and North Hertfordshire (Walsworth, Bearton, Highbury, Priory and Oughton wards).
North Hertfordshire would include much of Oliver Heald’s North East Hertfordshire constituency, which includes Baldock and Letchworth.
- Hitchin named in top ten places to live in the UK
- Letchworth man swaps remote control for running shoes in 300-mile Soapathon
- Newspaper Delivery Application Form
- OAP in court over historic sex charges in Stotfold
- Third fire in three days hits Advertiser area in Stotfold
- DYES LANE MURDER: Gunshot victim named