MORE disruption to traffic is expected in Letchworth as Norton Way is closed for resurfacing work.
Hertfordshire Highways will be carrying out the work on the road between the A505 Baldock Road and Icknield Way from Monday March 14.
The work is expected to take eight days to complete, weather permitting, and workmen will return to the site overnight on April 4 and 5 to lay anti-skid surfacing.
Councillor Stuart Pile, Herts County Council’s executive member for highways, said: "Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected as a result of these essential maintenance works.
"The work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users, but we hope to minimise inconvenience by only closing the road during off peak hours and over certain nights.
"Please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while work is in progress."
- Chelsea bid £19.7m for Brazilian La Liga winner
- 'Lessons must be learned' from diabetic former soldier, who died after benefits sanction
- 'Sad day for democracy' as Ashwell housing plan passed despite opposition
- Death of diabetic former soldier after benefits sanction sparks calls for inquiry
- Newspaper Delivery Application Form
- Tottenham Hotspur's World Cup transfer target offered new deal