Martin Speake leads a broad range of groups and he continues to be influenced by many musicians and styles of music.
Apart from these projects of his own, Martin has also performed with Paul Motian, Bobo Stenson, Loose Tubes, Stan Tracey, Django Bates, Airto Moreira and Flora Purim and the Royal Shakespeare Company among others.
He is saxophone professor and contemporary music co-ordinator on the Royal Academy of Music Jazz Course and saxophone teacher at Middlesex University. He has also composed music for the Associated Board jazz piano syllabus and a solo saxophone piece for Faber Music.
Martin has developed a personal musical voice that expresses a deep understanding of the history and language of Jazz with individuality as an improviser that is intelligent, melodic, cool, complex, direct, beautiful and profound.
He plays Herts Jazz at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City on Sunday June 3.
Tickets: £5 for students and under-21s; £11 online; £13 at the door; £8 members.
- Tottenham favourites to sign Dimitar Berbatov ahead of Arsenal and West Ham, plus Lamela, Wayne Rooney, Chelsea news
- ASDA car park death trial: Accused tells court: 'I feel sorry for his family; I still do'
- Soldado fires three-goal salvo at critics as Spurs obliterate Russians plus latest Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham news . . .
- PORT VALE V STEVENAGE: MATCH PREVIEW Ben Chorley looks to first league start and Graham Westley delighted to have another 'leader' in his squad
- Prison for knife-wielding pair who beat disabled man over cigarette in Stevenage
- ICKLEFORD TRAGEDY: Tributes paid to friends killed in car crash